[IP] Dr.'s visit

Hi all...

Well, my a1c has gone down from 8.4 to 7.5 and my doctor's response?  "For
you, I'll take it!".  How about that?
This a1c is from several lows and I'm now working my way around avoiding

Funny but when I do fasting basal tests w/o eating anything my b.g. are
fine.  When I eat, that's when they go nuts so I'm working on different
ratios as to insulin/carb for breakfast as well as ratios for correcting a
higher b.g. reading.  So far, I'm running a little higher than I'd like but
it's much better than the alternative of crashing in the 30's and 40's.
Especially when I'm in the classroom doing volunteer teaching or out on the
road driving.

Just wanted to let you know that after more than two years, I am FINALLY
getting to know which foods affect me differently and how I can adjust
correction boluses to meet my body rather than what the books always say.
It's a test, log and test again thing.

As for my being "very anemic and low in iron", I am now taking iron
supplements and next time I go for a visit, she is going to do a cbc and
further check out whether I actually have Med. anemia or not.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00