From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, 16 January 2003 4:27 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Type 2 and pumping?

Just curious as to how having type 2 effects pumping?  When you start
pumping( or shots) does you body stop making its own insulin?  Or does it
still make some so you use less on a pump?   Do you still have to take pills
to help the insulin work?  Do you still have a normal basal and bolus?

I can't see how this would work, just wondering, my Gramma and Aunt have
type 2 ( neither would ever get a pump) but I just can't see how it would

OR is it that you get the pump when your body eventually stops making
insulin, but then you'd become a type 1 wouldn't you??

Ohh I donno

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm