Re: [IP] Odds

 I just met a woman who was gd during her first pregnancy and now is
type 1.  Her brother was also a type 1 and died at 25 of complications.
When she was diagnosed, she was determined to educate herself and do a
good job of taking care of herself. I'm wondering if pregnancy triggered
her type 1 and maybe it wasn't gd after all.

Her daughter, who does not have diabetes, is becoming really good
friends with my daughter who does have type 1. They play together on the
high school soccer team. I am so thrilled that Jenny will be able to
spend the night at someone's house without me needing to give a training
session on identifying and treating lows. Jenny, 14, isn't thrilled, of
course, about me getting too involved with her friends and she is going
through a spell of not wanting everyone to know she has diabetes. This
is friendship is making me very happy.

Anyway, this mom seems really knowledgeable and responsible. She is on
injections and had never even seen a pump. I spent most of the last
soccer game showing her Jenny's pump instead of watching the game, but I
think we have another convert.