From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Denise Owens
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 2:08 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Freestyle Meter (Therasense) buy out

My niece has a question concerning the Freestyle meter. On a Diabetes
where she is a  participant there is a rumor that Johnson and Johnson
bought out Therasense. They plan to revamp the Freestyle meter and
manufacturing the strips for the current one that is on the market. I
have not
heard this before and wondered if anyone on this list has information
confirming or refuting this information.
Seems a rather silly marketing strategy to possibly eliminate those many
current Freestyle owners who are buying lots of expensive strips every
In the process the current owners may not buy the new and improved
and go to an alternate brand.
Silly but true or just a rumor?
Pam, mom to Sara

Hi Sara,

TheraSense has been looking for a partnership/alliance because they have
had tremendous financial problems. If you can offer additional
information, I can do some further checking to substantiate this. It
sounds like it is plausible, but I need to check further.