Re: [IP] Bagels

email @ redacted wrote:

<<<Ted, unfortunately the books neglect to tell you about the bagel
gremlin.  I think Jewish folklore calls him the golem.  anyway his
spirit lives in bagels and you have to always add a few more bolus
units to satisfy him.  For me it's maybe 2-3 more/bagel.
Fortunately it's very consistent, so it is easy to figure how much. >>>

Thanks for giving me a good laugh.

I weigh my bagels and figure about half of it's weight in grams is carbs.
This has been discussed already on this list, some say that it would be much
more then half, someone even mentioned it to be close to 90% which I guess is
not the fact but more of a YMMV thing, but as you said it will be consistent,
so after a few times eating and checking afterwards you should get to know the
golem :-)

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes