[IP] Re: what to carry with you

>If we are going to be gone longer, we have a thermal back pack that is
>filled with supplies. The school nurse thinks this is too much when the
>school goes on field trips but Cory's CDE says this is what he needs.
>So how about you guys? Do you take this much stuff?

Well first, I find it a little annoying that the school nurse is telling you how
much stuff is "too much" -- especially since he/she is contradicting the
advice of your CDE!  You (and your son) should carry whatever you're
comfortable with IMO.  The school nurse doesn't get a vote!

As for me, I don't carry quite that much stuff, but I do carry an extra infusion
set and reservoir, insulin, meter and strips, extra syringes, batteries, IV
prep pads, and even my Quick-serter device.  All of it fits in the small zip
pouch that came with my pump (except for the meter and strips, which
have their own case). I also carry jelly bellies for lows. I keep everything in
my purse, so it's always with me.  I might not "need" it all for just a quick
shopping trip, but if I'm going to be gone much longer than that, I'd rather be
able to do a set change while out if I need to instead of rushing home,
trying to find a store, or taking injections of humalog and testing
obsessively.  Just my preference.  And I don't really mind carrying a largish
purse -- I keep other, non-diabetes related junk in in as well!