From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:57 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #900 - Paradigm changing
reservoir issues

In a message dated 1/14/03 9:41:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  recently switched to the paradigm pump.  Those of you who have had
 and the paradigm know that the resivoir is quite different.  Every time
 the syringe after inserting the blue cap of the vile of insulin, the
 leaks everywhere.
 To make that more clear...
 Put blue cap/needle of paradigm resivoir into bottle of insulin.
 Pull syringe to draw insulin.
 During this stage, the insulin leaks everywhere from the top of the
 or insulin bottle.
 Does anyone have a suggestion to prevent this? >>

This happens sometimes to me also, and cannot figure out why.  I also
have a
problem often twisting the plunger off the reservoir (last thing you do
before you insert it into the pump, after rewinding, of course).  It
always twist off easily, and sometimes I draw bubbles into the reservoir
this time, even though there were none before.  Can anyone provide an
as to why this occasionally occurs and what I can do to prevent?  I have
to get the air out, which delays progress!!!
I've been pumping for over 9 yrs, but only about 7 months on the
These are my only problems with it to date.
Thank you kindly,
Rhea Feldman