Re: [IP] what to carry with you

Susan, you need a suitcase on wheels! LOL

In my car, I have a sugar source (like gluose tabs and animal cookies) and a
syringe. In my purse, I have a syringe and some glucose tabs and I throw in
my meter when I'm going out of the house.

That's for around town. For general running around, I'm close enough to home
that I can run back -- or I can buy batteries at a store somewhere. I can
suck insulin out of my reservoir with the syringe if my set comes off. If
Elvis says he is out of insulin, I still have about 30 units in my tubing and
luer neck that I can suck back up into the reservoir.

If I go out of town for the day, I still just have a meter, sugar source and
emergency syringe. Only if I'm going out of town for a few days do I take
sets, insulin, back-up meter and such.

My inhaler is ALWAYS with me! OK, almost always. I have been known to go into
an out-of-town drugstore, wheezing and asking for them to access my
prescription for an inhaler because I had sucked mine dry. Breathing is very
important to me! lol Anything for diabetes, I can pretty much buy, including
Regular insulin in a real pinch.

Jan and Elvis

In a message dated 1/14/03 10:30:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time,