[IP] Re: Dawn Phenomenon

> One additional thing I have noticed, however, is that if I eat food
> before bed and bolus for it, I will tend to wake up high even if that
> bolus amount works fine any other time of the day.  I'm not sure why
> that is...but I'm sure the sleeping body must play into it.

My problem, should anyone care to comment: I am not allowed to eat my
evening meal until after dialysis which is usually 10:30 p.m. After eating
(starving for about 6-8 hours), it is sure tough to go right to bed so I'm
up until about 1:00 a.m.  I have a lower basal from midnight - 6:00 a.m.
Any suggestions for an adjustment? How about the sleeping while digesting
and a lower rate during that time? hmmmmmmm  (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win... you're
still a rat. - Lily Tomlin