Re: [IP] Odds

In a message dated 1/14/03 8:12:25 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Artorius Rex <email @ redacted> wrote:
 > * If your mother has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 3% risk of developing
 > Type
 > 1 diabetes
 > * If your father has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 9% risk of developing
 > Type
 > 1 diabetes
 This is the first that I've heard of type 1 being sex linked.  What is your
 source? >>

If you don't have sex, then you will not have any children with diabetes.

I have heard that you have a greater chance of having type 1 if your father
does. However, I've also read (in some medical journal somewhwere) that men
with type 1 have, on average, more chldren than do women with type 1.
Figures: The guys don't have to go through (first-hand) pregnancy with

Jan and Elvis