Re: [IP] Odds

Liz Davis posted this information some time ago.  I just happened to have it
filed for a rainy day:

* If your mother has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 3% risk of developing
Type
1 diabetes
* If your father has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 9% risk of developing
Type
1 diabetes
* If both your parents have Type 1 diabetes, you have a 30% risk of
developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your brother or sister develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 10%
risk
of also developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your non-identical twin develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 20%
risk
of also developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your identical twin develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 35% risk
of
also developing Type 1 diabetes

According to information found at
http://cebmh.warne.ox.ac.uk/diabetes/professional/prevention/type1/genetics.html