Re: [IP] Tom's party

Jan Hughey wrote:
> How does one figure carbs for a delicious crusty bowl filled with a cream and
> topped with fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, and fresh red raspberries!
> mmmmmmmm  Called Fruit Florentine. I saw no spinach. LOL

If you had asked me at dinner what that cream was, I couldn't have told you.
But this morning one of my bicycle friends asked about it so I looked it up
in the menus that I used for ordering the dinner. It was
Fresh Berry Florentine
Almond Shell with White Chocolate Mousse Spilling
with Fresh Sliced Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, and Blueberries

My initial guess, before tasting, was 20 carbs and I bolused 1.2. After
tasting I raised that to 37 carbs and bolused another 1.0. That was between
8 and 815 PM. When I got home at 1045 I tested BG and was 117. I don't have
much experience with white chocolate mousse, but apparently my SWAG was
reasonably close.

For those who weren't there: I prepared a one-page menu of what had been
ordered, and put a copy at each table, figuring it might be helpful for
anyone injecting. But I just listed the dessert as Fresh Berry Florentine,
without any of the other details, so it wasn't very helpful.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000