[IP] Tom's party

When I had my 50th DM Anniversary BASH (to celebrate life and survival - NOT
DM), the newsie asked if I went to a lot of these events. I told him I
thought I was the only one weird enough to do something like that. I'm so
relieved to find out I'm not the only weirdo. HA HA

The hotel was beautiful and the setting was lovely as well. Arizona was a
delight - a lot of people from northern Indiana spend the winter there. I'm
a weirdo, remember, so I spent the weekend! lol  It was a nice escape from
22*F at home.

My friend Jane and I rode up the elevator with about 5-6 other people. One
asked if we were all going to Tom's party. I said Yes. I asked if I knew
anyone and they all ignored me. One man lingered out of the lift and told me
he was Tom's attorney, he asked if I knew him. I had said I came from South
Bend. I said I hadn't seen him before so he showed me a nice man with a
boutonniere. It was nice to finally see a person rather than just read

I believe at least one 37-yr DMer was convinced to start pumping after the
event. I talked to her quite a bit before, then asked later if she was ready
and she said I think so. Her dtr is already pumping - with no name to it. I
think she'll find one now. ;)

Boy was that food fantastic! Roger C said he likes beef that if you get a
good vet, he/she'll bring it back to life! ewwwwww  I don't want mine to
have any chance of mooing!

We had pics taken of the IPers - which were 8 there, but Jane said she
thought 13-15 people got into that picture! hmmmmmmm  Maybe they're planning
on joining IP so got in ahead of time? It'll be hard identifying them when
the pics are developed since Tom didn't know who they all were, either.

I met Roger C. and SSP *again* - but Kelsey, Irene, Bill in AZ, and Maureen
Molloy for the first time. Dunno why I didn't know about Jen Ward and Cliff

Also, Roger, if you must know, my BG was 187 before I went to bed that
night, then 91 next a.m. - must've SWAGged pretty fair for that! How does
one figure carbs for a delicious crusty bowl filled with a cream and topped
with fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, and fresh red raspberries!
mmmmmmmm  Called Fruit Florentine. I saw no spinach. LOL

BTW, BASH is for Bawling, Amazement, Sincerity, Humor - Tom had a party
since that acronym didn't fit him. There were some tears there though. ;-)

Thanks again Tom for making nice memories! (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I've got to simplify my life, even my carbohydrates are complex ~ Shoe