[IP] Extra batteries in airports

Has anyone else had this problem?  I am going on my first pump flight in March and am all set to handle my pump but this brought up a concern, the airports to require you but your batteries in the check baggage.  I would assume with an explaination it wouldn't cause a problem RIGHT?

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

  The biggest problem was before boarding