[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #897

So...They don't have a long needle which fits onto the end, in which
you would place into the vial of Novolog or humalog...whatever,
Injecting air INTO the vial of insulin and then drawing up the insulin
into the cartridge???? I have the H-Tron and so what? Mine has a blue
plunger. I thought filling either was the same.

Sheesh! if it's that different forget me going to a D-TRON. My H-TROM
will do just fine, thanks.

I know its not possible to inject insulin into the cartridge with a
syringe with MY cartridges (also from Disetronic), I've had a pump for
nine years almost. The WAY you worded the filling method in the first
post confused the heck out of me. In your first post it sounded like
you WERE trying to inject insulin into the cartridge with a syringe!

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 06:27  PM, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:

> Jenny,
> I have a DTron+.  I use Novolog.  The cartridges my
> pump uses have a RED rubber plunger (not blue) and
> come hermetically sealed full of air (not insulin).
> It is impossible to inject insulin into them without
> removing air to equalize the pressure.
> HTH.
"Yeah, the PC will never die. there's too much tech-support money to be
            - Philip Dyer

Jenny Sutherland