[IP] Checking Bg's

I got a call from my doctor's office today. I've only been pumpimg not quite
two months, so I'm still faxing in my numbers. For at least a month, I called
the lady that did my training. Anyway, I check my bg around eight to ten times
a day, and my doctor says i'm doing it way too much. Now I'm only supposed to
check before meals, and bedtime. I feel more confident checking more, and to
know my bg is running in normal range, than checking every six hours or so. I
usually check before meals, two hours later, bedtime, before driving, anytime
when I'm high, or low. In my opinion if I'm going to run high, I'll be able to
correct it, before it gets the best of me. I get over three hundred test
strips a month, so its not like its costing me much to check this often, and
for me to feel safe. What do you guys think?