[IP] Re: Filling cartridges....

My Animas cartridges come empty of air.  I was taught to move the
plunger up and down 5 times to lubricated the cylinder and to lessen the
chance of leakage from the cartridge.  I guess each company is thinking
differently.  I do like the idea of the "friendly" reminder to inject
air into the vial.

>>> email @ redacted 3:35:54 PM 1/13/03 >>>
Jenny,

I have a DTron+.  I use Novolog.  The cartridges my
pump uses have a RED rubber plunger (not blue) and
come hermetically sealed full of air (not insulin).
It is impossible to inject insulin into them without
removing air to equalize the pressure.

HTH.

-gail in denver