[IP] how to help an 82 year old-not about the pump

Sorry this isn't an insulin pump post, but since I have an insulin pump
and everyone here knows about diabetes, I wanted to see if I could get
some help/info. My brother-in-law's mom's mom is a Type 2 diabetic and it
has always been pretty mild.  She has cancer.  Recently, her blood sugars
have been off the wall-always in the 300s.  She is now taking 4 shots a
day.  She's about 82 years old and we are thinking the cancer may have
spread to her pancreas or something.  The mother is taking care of her
and she called me to see what I could tell her or to see if I had any
books that might could help her with this.  Does anyone have any