[IP] Re: Securing SoftSet site

Hi Kim,

Kathy gave you instructions on inserting the SoftSet but I wanted to
let you know what works for Noah in getting his sets to stay put for
3-4 days.  We struggled for years trying every way that worked for
others but no method worked well enough to keep his set in place
during sports or any activity were he perspired.  He had been
applying I.V. Prep, waiting for it to semi-dry to tacky, then applied
Skin-Tac (gooey sticky bottled adhesive), waiting for it to semi-dry
to tacky, inserted SoftSet micros, then applied two tapes provided by
MiniMed with the SoftSet micros.  A few weeks ago we ran out of I.V.
Preps so he just did everything the same way, minus the I.V. Prep.
WOW!  His sites stay in through snowboarding, football, all his
activities, and are still secure when he changes sites 3-4 days
later.   The I.V. Prep and Skin-Tac together just didn't make for as
sticky and secure prep for his SoftSets as just using the Skin-Tac

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah