Re: [IP] Supplies for Paradigm

>>I've always gotten my supplies for my 508 and now my Paradigm through a mail order pharmacy. (Also all my testing supplies) I'm on an automatic shipping schedule so I get 3 months of all my testing/pump supplies at a time. They bill my insurance directly and I never see a bill.  Edgepark Surgical, their customer service has been great and they have everything I've needed. Their website is www.edgepark.com. Good luck<<

How the company bills (Pharmacy vs DME) depends on their agreements with your insurer and whether they are a surgical supplier (DME) or a pharmacy.  It would probably be fraudulent for a surgical supplier to pretend they are a pharmacy.

Edgepark is the preferred surgical supplier for my insurer but I won't get another lancet from them again if I can avoid it.
They are the most money hungry outfit I've ever seen.
Yes, they are very friendly as long as they're getting the biggest buck they can.
I tried to get a freestyle tracker from them.
Their catalog has it listed with the same code as a regular meter.
They gave me the biggest hassle over it, wanting it billed as "Special Equipment" requiring special authorization from my insurer.
The Supervisor, Casey even told me that the Freestyle was a luxury and just because I had Diabetes didn't mean I needed luxuries.
They wanted $499 for the same freestyle you can get anywhere else for $299.
When they found out I was on the Paradigm, they sent me a 3 month supply everything, using generic whenever possible.
The bill was $1709.45.
The same stuff from Minimed but without generic supplies is only $1251.00.

Good Luck,
John & his Paradigm.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com