Re: [IP] Re-lubing a cartridge

The Disetronic cartridges are filled with air and the
rubber plunger is at the full mark when beginning.
You are supposed to inject insulin, then remove air,
inject more, remove air, inject, remove, and so on,
until the cartridge is full of insulin & no air.

I had the bright idea to just keep filling & forgot to
remove the air.  Ooops.  I was covered in insulin.
Gee did I ever smell like I had a wreck with a medical
supply truck!

There is a red filler thingy that came with my
Disetronic pump.  I thought it was kind of stupid
until I figured out that if I put the cartridge in it,
then I couldn't blow out the end.  It keeps the rubber
plunger from being forced out while filling.

Some of us have to learn the hard way!

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?