Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #893 Re: DKA and glucagon

You mean that at 5mmol you treat for a low?  What is considered normal level?  Here (in Ontario) and as I understood everwhere normal was from 4.0-7.0mm And under 4.0 you treat with juice or what not Glucagon is only used for cases where you can't swallow, or a continuous low that won't rise.  I know in your case it was good and since you had been sick probably couldn't keep much down.  But are you saying if I walked into that doctors office with a sugar of like 4.9 I'd be expected to treat it!  And would they have given you the glucagon had you not been sick?

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm