[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #893 Re: DKA and glucagon

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:27:11 -0800 (PST),
insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] DKA and glucagon
> Just wondering if you always use glucagon for a 2.7?
> Apparently in this case it was a good move and wasn't
> enough, but I've never heard of anyone using it for a
> low in the 2's
At Richmond Hospital they seem to think around 5 or
under calls for treatment.  My doctor called it right
because I was on the verge of passing out.  I was not
taking anything for nauseau, but IV antibiotics four
times daily (did not ask what or why, more concerned
with sugars and getting my pump back on).  My
electrolites were completely out of whack is  reason
for cramps I have been told by Health Canada Protection
services.  Am still very sick but am swinging from 4 to
15 only now and only vomiting occasionally.  Thanks.
Stay healthy.

Joyce Walsh