Re: [IP] Re: basal testng and "my sugars"

I just started pumping last week. The last 4 nights, I have been up testing
every 2 hours. The first night, each test was followed by a couple of
glucose tabs. The 2nd night, every test was followed by a correction bolus.
The last 2 nights have been PDP (pretty darn perfect.) Last night I was
12:07 102
3:09 100
5:14 98
8:33 103
9:46 113
Then I had breakfast and was not so straight lined there after.

My basal has ended up being 50% of what it had been. I had really thought it
might increase since it was already well below 50% of my TDD. The new basal
rate is averaging 25% of my TDD. All of this I am sure is because I am still
in that honeymoon state which I hope to extend as long as possible.

This week, I will be working on my day time basal rates. It will be a good
week to do so since the outside temps are going to be low for this area. In
other words, I will not be out on the golf course nor will I be taking a lot
of out door walks. I'll be trying to establish a couch potato basal then
I'll work on a more active basal.

Tonight we went with friends to a fabulous Indian restaurant and so far have
managed to stay in control. The PDA version of CalorieKing has some of the
entrees listed so I did have some help in determining the carbs. I love
being able to tell the pump the carb grams and my bg and letting it figure
how much insulin to take, particularly if it needs to include insulin still

Hope you all  have a great weekend,
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03