Re: [IP] DME Supplies

>Durable medical equipment
>such as pump supplies are NOT supposed to be billed to your
>prescription insurance.  If a company does so, they are not doing so properly.

Can anyone clarify this?  I have been able in both my last insurance
plan (a HMO) and this one (a PPO) to get my blood testing strips and my
lancette devices through the mail order drug place, the local pharmacy,
or the DME supply place.  All three require a RX for them but it costs
me a lot less to get them from the mail order drug place than through
the DME place.  How come some supplies qualify under both and some are
only DME?

Judi in MI