Re: [IP] Re: calling all sofset users!!

> I need someone to tell me definitively if it is possible to change JUST
> YOUR SITE, and not the tubing, when using Minimed sofsets.  I say NO.  You
> have to open another package of tubing and use at least PART of it
> (disconnecting at the quick-release).

I have successfully changed just my site before, but I did have to waste
some tubing to do it.

> When I have tried this, I had no
> success anyway because I was unable to remove the end of the tubing from
> the reservoir hub because it was too tight.  When I called Minimed to
> inquire about this, the rep said I should be able to remove it, but it was
> TOO TIGHT, which is supposed to be a good thing, right?

This is where I am lost.  If you are changing just your site, why is there
any need to disconnect the tubing from the reservoir?  When I have changed
my site without changing the tubing, the only new tubing I used was the few
inches before the quick release, and that was the only part I primed as
well.  I never touched the connection between tubing and reservoir, just the
quick release part.

I usually don't bother with a partial change out, however, because I use too
much insulin to make it worthwhile, but I believe it is possible.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990