[IP] Re: Dating/Marriage and the pump

<Ok so now I'm adding, has to be under the age of 25(with some exceptions)
But at least 18 !!! :-)>

<Speaking as someone who's been there...  You're not going to meet a partner
in his their early 20s with the emotional fortitude to put up with diabetes
unless this potential partner also has diabetes.>

Summer,

When I was your age, I wouldn't date guys unless they were at LEAST 25.
MOST guys (not all) in their early 20's are still too immature to be in a serious relationship,
Diabetes or not.  After having a lot of fun, but relationships that were going nowhere, my
older sister and my mother both told me I needed to date guys a little older than myself,
rather than the same age if I wanted something serious.  They were right.  My husband
is 8 years older than me.  Not to offend any of the guys under 25 on this list, but most
that age still have a lot of growing up to do and experiences to have before settling down.
There are exceptions of course, but they are exceptions.  Just my opinion.

Shawna
dx'd 3/02, pumping 8/02