Re: [IP] Dawn Phenom...

I am a new pumper tweaking the early morning basals.  I used to be .4 units
per hour from midnight to 7 am, but now have dropped to .3 units per hour
until 3 am an then .6, .8 and 1.2 units per hour for the next three
hours.  Does anybody have some advice on when exactly the dawn factor works
and for how long,  and what is a good basal pattern for bedtime til 6 am
when I do a hard workout.  Many thanks to all of you in this great
organization.

John
Pumper since Thanksgiving

At 06:03 PM 1/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>--- Skinink66 <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > I believe I am experiencing the Sawn Phenomenon.
> > Two weeks ago, I would
> > wake up and my Bg would be through the roof, take
> > all day to get back in
> > range, only to start over again in the morning.
>I starting experiencing the Dawn Phenomenon about 5
>years after dx.(The end of any pancreatic function)
>lived with it for 8 yrs and only realized it was real
>after going on the pump. No combination of insulins
>and eating patterns would correct it.(4-5 days a week
>over 200) But more significant is the small amount of
>insulin I need in the late night. My basals are .2
>from 9pm until 3:30am. But .8 by 5am. I see now why I
>never could control the mornings bgs on shots. Are u
>testing at 2am to see what is happening  thru the
>night? meg

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
---