RE: [IP] Advice sought from those who count protein Excel proteinsheet

Original Message:
-----------------
From: jhughey email @ redacted
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:32:36 -0500
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Advice sought from those who count protein Excel
proteinsheet

Mike Kurtis wrote, in part:
>>>I eat a very Heart Healthy diet of a
high fiber breakfast (average 20gms fiber), Salad with Romaine, tomatos &
red, yellow & orange peppers, croutons and shreaded parm cheese in lieu of
dressing, and whole wheat bread as an average lunch. Dinner is my first &
last meat of the day.  <snip> >>>

Is that a contradiction? You eat breakfast, have lunch - and DINNER is your
FIRST and LAST meal of the day? lol

Anyhoo, I just read an article in Diabetes Interview (12/02) regarding basal
testing that includes:

"Do not skip more than one meal per day. If you skip more than one, your
metabolism will slow down and you will get inaccurate information about your
basal rates."

@
Dialyzing since 7/8/02

According to a recent survey, men say the first thing they notice about a
woman is her eyes, and women say the first thing they notice about men is
they're a bunch of liars.

Mike Kurtis clarifies (1/10/02) I said dinner was the first MEAT not MEAL
of the day in an effort to keep down the proteins & fats in the diet.
Average 4 to 6 oz. Usually white meat chicken, red meat approx once in 2
weeks. I do eat veriaty, in Misquite maranade, in diced tomatoes, etc, not
just plain meats, but no frying!