[IP] pump failure

Mu son's pump froze today.  Nothing happens when you push any of the buttons.
The word Minimed appears at the top.  Changed the battery, no effect.  Will
send out new pump tomorrow.  I'm just sick about it.  His pump also died in
October after he went swimming.  Anyone have any luck getting a back up pump
from Minimed?  My husband called, they said to talk to the sales department.
They said "it's been done before".
Lynne, mom to Luke, age 10, dx 11/01