RE: [IP] Advice sought from those who count protein Excel proteinsheet

From: Mike Kurtis email @ redacted
Date: 1/9/03

I do not keep track of Proteins with the exception of counting them daily
to insure I don't digest too much. I eat a very Heart Healthy diet of a
high fiber breakfast (average 20gms fiber), Salad with Romaine, tomatos &
red, yellow & orange peppers, croutons and shreaded parm cheese in lieu of
dressing, and whole wheat bread as an average lunch. Dinner is my first &
last meat of the day. I still end up with approx 100 to 130 protein.
No I don't use these numbers when calculating insulin, I do however
calculate fats in certain foods such as spaghetti, pizza, desserts by
giving myself a duel wave bolus. I always subtract total fiber from total
carbs in getting my carbs:insulin calc.

A tip on getting out of a moderate low without snacks. Give yourself a
temporary basal less than your normal for a period of time, this way your
normal BG increase without insulin will bring you up without adding to your
calorie intake.