Re: [IP] ACE Inhibitors

> My endo wants to treat what I have (going to look up the name of a nephro
> for me) but I can't take ACE Inhibs. because I already have orthostatic
> hypotension from Addison's Disease and take medication to raise the b.p.

Not being a doctor, I can't tell you what you can and can't do, and maybe
your doctors have already ruled it out, but the doses needed to take care of
the protein in the urine are pretty low -- at one time I was on 2.5 mg a
day.  At such a low dose, it doesn't appreciably lower the BP.  When I
stared on Vasotec years ago, my BP was on the low side of normal.

I did have some of what I call gray outs.  When I would stand suddenly,
everything would go gray and I'd get dizzy.  It was an irritant that I had
to put up with to take care of my protein problem.

My what a difference a few years makes.  Now I'm on 10 mg daily, and never
have those gray outs.  But having been there before, I know you can take
them with BP that is pretty low and still get the results you need, not the
ones you don't.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990