[IP] Re: iglucagon kits

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:58:46 EST, email @ redacted wrote:
> How wonderful for you Tom...my daughter, dx 9/97, has needed it many times, I
> am thinking back to my own brother's dx in 1955 and wonder if it is not a
> resultof tighter control to some degree.....just thinking (which is hard on
> my brain today)...

There were lots of occasions when I came to after several hours of being
unconscious and living alone. If there had been someone living with me it is
quite possible that the hypo would have been observed and treated, either
with carbs or with glucagon. But I have lived alone for 45 years, and it
never made any sense for me to buy a glucagon kit, because if I was able to
prepare a glucagon injection for myself I was also able to eat some carb.
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be living alone, but that's not the way
it worked out!

I'm not so sure that "wonderful" is the right word. "Lucky" would make more
sense to me!

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000