[IP] vertigo

has anyone experienced vertigo with diabetes? Two weeks ago I woke up
thinking I was having a low dizzy, shaky, sweaty but had normal bg. Went
to the hospital and they said I had vertigo and it was common with dm. I
have never heard this before. They did a ct scan and was normal. And put
me on prednisone. "had to triple my basal rates for that" went to my gp
the next day and he didn't do any thing but said to stay on the
prednisone. It has been two weeks now and two 4 day treatments on
prednisone and I have had no change and it's getting very frustrating.
The only other symptoms I have besides dizziness are low body temp 95.8
and hot flashes in the evening. Any advice would be very much
appreciated. I can't drive and can barely function doing day to day

Jeff K