[IP] Re: Re:  New Flying Security Regulations

In a message dated 1/8/03 7:29:05 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My concern (I fly Friday) is I thought I read on here that insulin should
not be scanned. Tell me how that is handled. Also, what about cameras, isn't
there some info on the scanning/XRay wiping out the film? What to do? >>

I am on the phone with a rep from Lilly as I type this.
I am asking is the x-ray at the airport will harm Humalog.

The first thing the rep said is to keep it in your carry-on.

Next, the rep said very short one-time exposure to the airport x-ray scanner will not harm Humalog.

But, repeated or prolonged exposure to the airport x-ray scanner may reduce the potency of the Humalog.

Lastly, you are within your rights to have your medication hand inspected. It is easiest if you have it in a clear zip-lock bag with your Rx.

Now we know for sure!