Re: [IP] some strange dealings with MM

Original Message:
From: Jan Clinthorne email @ redacted
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:18:44 -0500
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] some strange dealings with MM

Reply from email @ redacted

The last time that I requested samples, about six weeks ago, they told me
that they would send them BUT, Medtronic was going to start charging for
samples.  It seems that they've made good on their threat.  Also, with my
last order, Medtronic stopped shipping Uni-solve.  I've been getting it for
a year, and all of a sudden they've figured out that my insurance company
won't pay for it.  Uni-solve is considered a luxury.  A part of what has
been going on during the Medtronics take over, is going over the accounts
with a fine tooth comb.  I was told by the insurance verifier that Minimed
had been losing a ton of money by shipping items out to folks and then
finding out that the insurance wouldn't allow it.  The adjuster also claimed
that money was being lost by sending out samples.

Minimed has stopped sending both Uni-Solve & IV Prep to me unless I pay for
the same reason, Insurance won't pay. My insurance is Oxford, and
prescriptions though Merck Medco. Since Merck and Oxford united a year ago,
co-pays are doubled ($10 to $20/ visit to the doctor's. Medcations are up
too (in most cases).

All this is true not just for these companies, but in general. I am not
complaining. I am very appreciative I have a pump, good control, and state
of the art equipment. The fact that Medtronic is cutting back on free-bees
is no reason to complain unless you are not satisfied that the pump is
changing your life for the better. If so you could always go back to 3, 4,
or 5 injections a day. For me, its one of the best investments I've made,
with no regrets!

http://mail2web.com/ .