From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Ryan Bruner
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 2:56 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Pizza, sticky sites, and Tracker

Regarding the post about Pizza and the "high fat" cheese causing highs
later...please realize that it isn't the fats that are causing those
highs.  Fat plays very little part in affecting BGLs other than
delaying the affects of carbs in some cases.  The delayed rise in BGLs
from pizza/cheese can be attributed to either the cheese stimulating
the production of glucagon in the body OR the conversion of protein
into glucose.  I would expect that if you used low-fat cheese and
regular (higher-fat) cheese in the same amounts, you would see if
affect BGLs the same way in either case.