[IP] New Flying Security Regulations

Monday, Jan. 6, 2003, we took my 18 year-old, non-diabetic daughter to the Philadelphia Airport to go back to SC for school. Her flight was supposed to be at 9:45am, so we got there at about 7:30am.

She went to the check-in desk for USAir to get her ticket and check her baggage. The woman behind the desk escorted her over to a security area. The agents held her ticket while 2 of them opened and went through her 2 bags to be checked-in. My daughter stood behind a rope, waiting.  The bags were ok and passed on to go on the flight. They gave her the ticket.

Then, she went to the other security gate. Everyone in the line was told to put their carryon, cell phone, laptop, coat, hat and shoes on the conveyor to be scanned. My daughter walked through the metal detector, which went off due to her belt buckle. They stopped her and checked over, and she passed.

The point of this is to let any travelers know that things are much more strict for everyone, since the new year.

I am scheduled to fly to San Diego in February. I wonder what to expect for the pump.