From: Ember Crooks [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 9:03 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] testing in cold weather/Exercise basals

On the basals side, I find that to keep from going low in the first two
hours, I have to lower my basal drastically (normal at that time of day 1.3,
lower to 0.3) at least an hour before starting, and then have to bump it
back up partway through the day. I nearly always end up above 200
afterwards, and am going to try a bolus of a unit or two immediately after
getting in the car to go home next time to see if that helps. I don't seem
to have the extended period of lows or nighttime lows that some describe.
This same pattern seems to hold for other exercise except I don't seem to go
high after other kinds of exercise. Does anyone else have exercise patterns
that work like this? What works for you?

Type 1 8 years, Pumping 8 months with Buzz the MM Paradigm.