[IP] Re: Pizza, sticky sites, and Tracker

Regarding the post about Pizza and the "high fat" cheese causing highs
later...please realize that it isn't the fats that are causing those
highs.  Fat plays very little part in affecting BGLs other than
delaying the affects of carbs in some cases.  The delayed rise in BGLs
from pizza/cheese can be attributed to either the cheese stimulating
the production of glucagon in the body OR the conversion of protein
into glucose.  I would expect that if you used low-fat cheese and
regular (higher-fat) cheese in the same amounts, you would see if
affect BGLs the same way in either case.

Sticky sites...
When I first started pumping, the trainer told me that I should use IV
Prep to clean the site, which helps in stickiness.  Fine.  But she then
told me to apply the infusion set, and if I wanted to, put that skin-
like tape (IV 3000 I think it is called???  Correct me if I'm wrong.)
over it.  Well, as it turns out, that was not only bad advice, but
wrong advice.  The Quickset tape would quickly start to fall off.
However, when I checked the directions for the IV 3000...you are
supposed to apply that directly to the skin FIRST, and then insert the
infusion set THROUGH it.  I have done it that way every since, and
never had a single problem with the site not sticking.  The Quickset
tape sticks very well to the IV 3000 tape, and the IV 3000 tape doesn't
come off.

One small word of warning regarding the Freestyle Tracker...and
actually not with the Tracker itself, but with the Handspring PDA.
Handspring has a lot of quality issues with their Handspring PDAs.  In
fact, when I was researching them, they had the most complaints
regarding durability/quality as any other....so if you expect to use
your PDA for a lot of stuff other than just the Tracker, just be aware
of that.  (This is not a tracker issue, again, but a Handspring issue
that the Tracker only works with.)  For light usage, the Handspring is
probably fine.