[IP] Off Topic - but could be insurance related!

Ever wondered how our medical bills are REALLY

A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary
hospital. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet
pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's
chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head
sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away.
The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean,
you haven't done any tests on him or anything. He
might just be in a coma or something. The vet rolled
his eyes and shrugged, then turned and left the room,
returning a few moments later with a beautiful black
Labrador. As the bird's owner looked on in amazement,
the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on
the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from
top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes
and shook his head.

The vet led the dog out and returned a few moments
later with a cat. The cat jumped up and also sniffed
delicately at the dead bird. The cat sat back, shook
his head, meowed and ran out of the room. The vet
looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but like I
said, your parrot is most definitely 100% certifiably

He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few
keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the
woman. The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the
bill. $350 dollars! she cried, $350 dollars just to
tell me my bird is dead! The vet shrugged. "If you'd
taken my word for it in the first place, the bill
would only have been $30, but what with the Lab report
and the CAT scan..."

Do you Yahoo!?