Re: [IP] hearing loss

My son Maverick could hear when he was born, and is now deaf.  While in the
hospital being treated for his diabetes, his blood sugar went over 1200.  We
have never been told if the two things were related.  He also has a brain
abnormality.  He was given Gentamycin while in the hospital.  It is an
antibiotic they were using to treat him with.  (They thought he had a blood
infection, not diabetes.)  This drug is known to cause deafness if given in
too high of doses.  I don't know if this helps you at all.