Re: [IP] testing in cold weather/Exercise basals

I use the One-Touch Ultra while snowboarding. I still haven't figured out
quite how to adjust my basals to work with the snowboarding, so I make sure
it is always on me, and test on about every 3rd chairlift ride. I've never
had it tell me it was too cold, and I've been out when it was 8 (yes, 8)
Farenheit. I did notice it gets less reliable sometimes though, and it could
be associated with the cold. One time I tested at 43, and completely did not
feel that low. I tested again after I got off the lift and it was 135.
Tested again and it was 92. All tests were within 5 minutes. I'm thinking
the cold was to blame for the inaccuracy - my hands were relatively clean. I
don't like the idea of leaving it in the lodge - I guess I've just become
too dependent on testing since I started pumping.

I do remember the fast take seemed to be extremely sensative to cold.

On the basals side, I find that to keep from going low in the first two
hours, I have to lower my basal drastically (normal at that time of day 1.3,
lower to 0.3) at least an hour before starting, and then have to bump it
back up partway through the day. I nearly always end up above 200
afterwards, and am going to try a bolus of a unit or two immediately after
getting in the car to go home next time to see if that helps. I don't seem
to have the extended period of lows or nighttime lows that some describe.
This same pattern seems to hold for other exercise except I don't seem to go
high after other kinds of exercise. Does anyone else have exercise patterns
that work like this? What works for you?

Type 1 8 years, Pumping 8 months with Buzz the MM Paradigm.