Re: [IP] testing in cold weather

In a message dated 01/06/2003 5:53:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Its hard!  My fast take is almost always to cold to work.  If I absolutly
> need to test I will stick it under my armpit, on my stomache under pant
> waist or on the back of my neck for a few minutes to warm it up this often
> works but then my fingers are very cold and its hard to get blood!  I
> usually just treat and test as soon as I can and correct, often I wasn't
> low and turn out high but at least I didn't collapse.  I really wish there
> was a meter that would work in the cold.
> Does anyone have a meter that works good in the cold?  and even in the
> summer my meter is to hot to work   AAAaaarrrrrrggg!!!

Summer I use a Precision Xtra,and I coach a hockey team am on the ice 6 days
a week and check BS when I get in the rink and after practice. I try to keep
the meter in and inside pocket to keep it above 32*. As for the fingers I
have hockey gloves on, but so times they get stiff and won't give me a big
drop of blood. Maybe that's the old age setting in Roger C (dx12/1/47 pm
5/7/00) still towing my hockey puck