Re: [IP] Animas Occlusion Alarms

well I don't know why they did it but I have an explanation.
The 'occlusion' is trying to tell you that something is blocking the
pumping mechanism and that no insulin is delivered.

I am sure that you would like to know what is blocking it and how it
can be resolved. So the first thing that I would want to do anyway is
take a look at my tubing and get the pump going manually to see the
insulin squirts coming out of the tubing. Well, and to get the insulin
going means that you would either give yourself a bolus and use the
priming feature.
I guess Animas choose "priming" for multiple reasons but mainly because
it resets the pump in its default operating state (cancels the temp
basal, for example). Assuming the worst - which corresponds to the most
conservative assumption that you are fixing things anyway I think it is
better to be safe than sorry.

Of course, after having said all that, I usually just prime and if it
looks fine, meaning insulin is coming out very easily, I just reconnect
to continue what I was doing before. I think I get more alarms if I use
the shorter tubing. But you might want to check your occlusion limits
in the setup section. I have set mine to 'High' meaning that the pump
is more sensitive to 'occlusions' or pressure increases.

Hope it helps,