Re: [IP] testing in cold weather

> Does anyone have a meter that works good in the cold?  and even in the
> summer my meter is to hot to work   AAAaaarrrrrrggg!!!
> Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
> Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

I use the Ultra and had no problem here in Chicago and in Colorado where I
just got back from. My Ultra did great in our hot and muggy summers here in
Chi-town and it also did great when I went to Acapulco over the summer.

Testing in cold is no big deal. It is not something to worry about. Just make
sure that the meter isn't left out. I have skiied for almost 20 years and in
the 14 years I have been diabetic have  never encountered one single problem
testing my blood sugar while on the slopes.

Enjoy the skiing! I wish I were back on the slopes instead of back in the

dxd age 7 1988  pumping 1992 (507, 507c, paradigm)