[IP] Site Prep

I've yet to wash my hands before a site change!  Except the very first on for my saline trial at the nurses office.  Is it really that important?  I havn't had any infections or bad sites yet, and I don't really touch anything I just pinch and insert.  Should I be washing?
I like to just lay in bed and do it then continue watching tv!

I'm lucky so far that I havn't had to use any extra adhesive, I tried an IV prep pad but seem to be allergicto them.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm