How you get your site to stick (Was Re: [IP] Action of IV Prep)

This thread sparked my interest.  I've never used IV Prep.  Back when I
started pumping, they recommended that we use an antiseptic soap stronger
than alcohol to prep the site, and I've always used Betadine.  Apparently
not many people do that.

But I do use another something there to make the site stick.  For years,
I've used Skin Prep to do this, with good results.  My DME supplier got
confused over what I wanted one time, though, and sent me IV Prep instead.
I tried it, and it just didn't do the job at all, at least for me.

I know some of you use Mastisol, but the prep technique sounds so
complicated, and I want to be able to use my serter without having the
serter stick to me.  I'm sure that those times that Skin Prep doesn't do the
job, Mastisol would do better, but the difficulty in its use makes it sound
like it really isn't worth it, to me.

What works for you in getting the site to stick?

Thanks, also, those who told me what all they carried with them.  It sounds
like most people carry every bit as much as I do.  I think I'm going to have
to keep carrying a HUGE, HEAVY one.  Bummer!

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990