Re: [IP] Bagels & high BG values

Over the past years, bagels have become both more mainstream and much larger
than they used to be -- at least here in the NY/NJ area.  We have heard that
they can be as high as 700 calories each (unconfirmed).  They have affected
my wife's BG's for years and she usually either tries to eat only a half, get
a mini bagel (available in both packaged versions and in bagel shops or
bakeries), or have them sliced super thin resulting in 4 or more slices from
one bagel.  I have never checked but I bet there's sugar added to the dough.
Anyway I hope this helps with your question.