[IP] Re: Death from lows

I went to a presentation about lows at my local pumpers support group
meeting.  The doc talked about the "dead-in-bed" syndrome.  He said it
was recognized as a real problem during the DCCT, when several people in
the tight control group died in their sleep.  As a result, he says he
recommends that any insulin-dependent patients who live alone aim to keep
their A1c at 6 or above - I think he may have even said 6.5 or above.  I
didn't take notes, just trying to go from memory.  I know from reading
posts here that you guys will not agree with him.  But he gave me a good

get 2 months FREE*